Engineering Project Manager, Permanent Exhibits
Deeplocal is seeking an Engineering Project Manager (EPM) to work in our Permanent Exhibits division. This position requires hands-on engineering experience and a history of bringing highly technical, real-world projects to life under short timelines. In this fast-paced and dynamic role, the EPM works seamlessly with internal engineering and production team members as well as external vendors to execute a wide range of interactive exhibits and spaces for some of the world’s top brands.
The Engineering Project Manager is responsible and accountable for ensuring the success of technical aspects of permanent installation projects. This role reports to Deeplocal’s VP of Engineering.
- Engineering schedules and planning – Develop and maintain integrated production schedules across owned projects, including engineering, fabrication, integration, and testing timelines. Work in collaboration with project Producers and technical leads to confirm milestones and development timing.
- Engineering budgets – Develop and maintain engineering budgets and BOMs across owned projects, accounting for all parts, spares, etc. Report financially/budgetarily to project Producers and the Director of Operations, Permanent Exhibits to ensure that engineering budgets ladder up to overarching project budgets.
- Testing and documentation requirements – As requested by clients, develop and manage specific testing requirements and/or documentation outside of standard end-to-end testing (i.e. UL inspection, PE stamps, etc.). Work in collaboration with appropriate engineering team members to ensure completion.
- CAD modeling - Produce accurate and robust CAD models of mechanical and industrial design systems using SOLIDWORKS. Transform hand sketches and preliminary models into detailed models with little oversight.
- Technical installation logistics – Own shipping and crating logistics and work closely with Deeplocal’s Architecture Integration Manager and team leads to ensure on-time and successful project installation.
- Vendor management – Source, manage, and oversee external engineering and fabrication vendors and freelancers. Draft vendor RFIs, RFPs, and deliverables contracts.
- Proposal support – Provide early-stage technical feasibility input as well as high-level engineering budget and timing estimates.
- Technical consultation – Provide feedback to the creative team on engineering feasibility and approach as needed.
- Client communication – Clearly communicate technical approaches and implications to clients as necessary.
- Strong engineering/technical skills and a history of building real-world experiences
- Highly organized with exceptional project management skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative thinker and problem-solver
- Excited by new challenges and never-been-done-before work (Visit deeplocal.com/work for examples of Deeplocal projects.)
This position is based in Pittsburgh, PA. We are open to relocating the right candidate. Applicants must also be willing to travel to client locations as required throughout the lifecycle of a project. Travel time is approximately 25%.
Deeplocal's COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, creative technology company based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 60+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients. Our studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create, and inspire.
Our Core Values
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible work opportunities
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time