Creative Brand Marketing Lead
Deeplocal is seeking a Creative Brand Marketing Lead to holistically own product brand marketing for its Gumband operating system and to define and execute the voice of Gumband in written content. If you’ve ever dreamed of building a tech brand, this is your opportunity to do so within a world class organization: Deeplocal (a WPP company).
Initially, this role will develop brand guidelines, tell product stories across all mediums—including owned digital media (web, social, and product UI), pitch decks, PR, event programming, trade shows, SEO/SEM, and product demo/how-to videos—and create and execute tactical marketing initiatives. Eventually, this role will hire and grow a team of marketers and new business people to scale the product.
The Creative Brand Marketing Lead will report to Gumband’s Managing Director and collaborate with design, account, and product team members.
Spun out of an award-winning creative technology agency, Gumband is the first operating system for interactive environments and experiences. We work with innovative brands to connect, elevate, and humanize their physical spaces. In 2021, the product was launched and obtained backing from WPP’s Product Innovation Board.
This role presents a unique opportunity to join a fully-backed SaaS startup and play a key role in the development of its visual identity and user interface. With Gumband, we are creating a category and looking for individuals with a desire to operate as innovators in an emerging global marketplace. Because the product was incubated at Deeplocal, Gumband team members will also have the benefit of tapping into Deeplocal’s expertise as an interactive experience developer for some of the world’s top brands, including Google, Nike, Meta, TikTok, and others.
Candidates must have a background in creative writing for marketing and/or PR, solid technical acumen, an appreciation and eye for good visual aesthetics and design, top notch creative writing skills (including the ability to distill complex technical information into simple, succinct, approachable copy), and experience writing for the web (including for UI). People from all levels of professional experience who fit this description are encouraged to apply.
This position can be based in Pittsburgh, PA or remotely within the U.S.
- Brand Strategy and Growth – Develop and demonstrate a strong understanding of Gumband’s brand and positioning within our industry; know what our brand would (and wouldn’t) do, what our brand would (and wouldn’t) say, and how our brand would (and wouldn’t) act; proactively identify new opportunities to grow the Gumband brand and amplify our messaging.
- Marketing Execution – Build, shape, and execute Gumband’s marketing strategy using creative tactics and analytics across platforms (web, PR, social, event, email marketing, etc). This plan and its outcomes will be measured against business outcomes and revenue targets.
- Creative Writing – Write clever copy that’s appropriately adapted to different mediums (including product UI) and matches Gumband’s tone of voice.
- Ideation and Content Development – Develop smart, creative marketing ideas for Gumband and help create digital content that reflects our brand. This content will include sales materials, case studies, speaking engagement programming, PR pitches, website copy, product “how to’s” and more.
- Video Narratives – Coordinate short form Gumband product video documentation and/or visioning marketing videos. Work with our internal team and external vendors to plan for & gather the right assets and tell a compelling story through video.
- Speaking Engagements & Trade Shows – Secure and coordinate speaking opportunities and trade show opportunities for Gumband.
- PR – Collaborate with Deeplocal’s PR & Comms lead to pitch and/or insert Gumband into press stories. Create relationships with media as subject matter experts.
- Collateral Production Logistics – Manage production/ordering/shipping of Gumband collateral (swag, client/staff gifts, print materials, etc), as well as vendors for marketing projects (photographers, videographers, designers, etc).
- 3+ years of product and/or brand marketing experience; this is not a junior level position, but we highly value performance & will consider candidates with a wide range and/or diversity of relevant experience (beyond number of years only)
- Exceptional creative writing skills for marketing (short- and long-form)—this is an absolute *must* for this position and will be highly prioritized
- Strategic, creative thinker and problem solver; flexible and adaptable
- Great manager of time
- Highly organized with strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Proficiency with software tools including Google Workspace (G Suite), email marketing platforms (Mailchimp or similar), and web hosting and content management systems (Wordpress, Strapi or similar)
- Past experience or the ability to quickly independently learn SEO/SEM and apply those skills
- Bonus: Design and/or photography skills and experience using Adobe Creative Cloud apps, especially Photoshop
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, creative technology company based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 70+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients. Our studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create, and inspire.
Our Core Values
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible work opportunities
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time