Senior Experience Designer, Events & Experiences
Deeplocal creates inspiring, true-to-brand moments in the real and virtual world. We strategize, imagine and craft ambitious experiences from concept to execution. Our innovative work is driven by inventive new media, data, design and most importantly, humans. As part of WPP since 2017, Deeplocal brings an entirely unique modern and cultural approach to Brands.
Deeplocal is seeking a Senior Experience Designer with a passion for experience design to join our fast-growing creative team.
You must have a portfolio that demonstrates clever and strategic design thinking as well as physical and visual design skills—including the ability to visualize ideas through compelling sketches, renderings, and production-ready schematics/models.
This role is based in our Pittsburgh office. A portfolio of work is required to be considered for this position.
This position may be a fit for you if:
- You care deeply about design quality—whether it’s the high-level vision or intricate details.
- You have a hunger to learn new things and to apply design thinking to different problems and briefs, and an awareness of current aesthetic, cultural, and popular trends.
- You have exceptional time management skills. You can handle multiple projects simultaneously, keeping track of deadlines and self-directing your workload and priorities.
- You are a creative problem solver and have a sense of ownership over the success of our projects and be a relied-upon team member when challenges arise.
- You are aesthetically agile and can design for a variety of brands with different styles, tones, palettes, and voices.
- You have a baseline knowledge of fabrication methods and a high level awareness of material selection, budgets, and build complexity.
- You are self-motivated and constantly strive for creative excellence by going above and beyond project asks/requirements.
- You are eager to develop creative concepts that integrate a thoughtful user experience.
- You can express your creative ideas through sketches, mockups, mood boards, style-frames, or motion prototypes and execute and deliver highly polished, sophisticated experiences.
- You are just as comfortable working on a conceptual brief as you are bringing a defined brief to life.
- You are comfortable working under deadlines, and collaborating with cross functional teams, playing a part of a unified team.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to concepting discussions with internal teams and clients, thoroughly explain decisions and processes so that clients not only approve them, but understand why they were made and can share them with colleagues to get further internal buy-in
- Create user experience, environmental design, and/or product design depending on the concept and project needs
- Collaborate with Creative Directors, Designers, Strategists, and Creative Technologists to create and pitch concepts that are inventive, strategic, help define culture and create meaningful experiences for audiences.
- Present concepts and designs to clients, clearly articulating key points and creative decisions
- Contribute to and make key decisions around the experience throughout the duration of a project.
- Foster emerging and established talent to consistently improve the team..
- Contribute to the project needs at every stage, including pre-production, production, and on-going engagement.
- Champion best practices to produce best in class experiences across a variety of verticals and projects.
- Tap into culture and stay up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies.
We’re seeking a Senior Experience Designer who obsesses over aesthetically beautiful and meaningful experiences. Someone who can take inspiration and turn it into new realities.
- Design Vision – Guide projects through pitch and production, ensuring that the design and conceptual vision remains consistent and on brand
- Experiential Design – Own all experiential aspects of a project including physical design (form, materials, fit/finish), experience design (user journey, layout, flow), and narrative (concept, tone, messaging, etc.)
- Concept Development – Craft cross-discipline ideas from the ground up including any necessary copywriting and supporting visuals.
- Fabrication Oversight – Oversee the creation and fabrication process with both our internal teams and external vendor/freelancers.
- 3D Modeling – Proficient in either SketchUp, Rhino, or Fusion. Must be able to quickly and thoughtfully visualize concepts.
- Concept Visualization – Communicate abstract concepts with compelling visual mockups using whatever media you feel most comfortable with: sketching, photoshop, etc.
This position requires 5+ years experience, preferably in a creative agency or similar environment.
Deeplocal's COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, innovation studio based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 60+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients.
From creating a mind-controlled bike that allowed riders to shift with their thoughts, to building a robotic pitching machine that allowed a child to throw out the first pitch at a baseball game from thousands of miles away, to a single button that dims the lights, orders food, silencers your phone and puts on your favorite show, to a machine that graffitied tweets on the roads of the Tour de France, our projects are wide-ranging and unique.
Deeplocal has been behind some of advertising’s most talked about campaigns: the Netflix Switch, Google Photos Pay With A Photo, Google Fiber Nick’s First Pitch, and the Nike Chalkbot. Deeplocal’s current clients include Google, Nike, and Nest.
Deeplocal’s studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville. All team members at Deeplocal contribute and participate in work for our amazing roster of clients.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania for the past four years and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create and inspire.
Our Core Values
Deeplocal is committed to maintaining the company's core values and culture as the company grows. Employees should exhibit the following Deeplocal core values:
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible working style, including work from home
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time