Designer, Brand & Digital
Deeplocal is seeking a designer with a passion for branding and motion-driven digital design to join our in-house marketing team. We are an award-winning creative technology company spun out of a CMU research project spun out of a hactivist artist collective spun out of a hardcore band. We work with the world’s most innovative tech brands, including Google, Netflix, and TikTok. We’re creative strategists and aerospace engineers, but we’re also humble and all-around good humans.
As Designer, Brand & Digital, you’ll be responsible for bringing Deeplocal’s uniqueness to life, visually expressing who we are through compelling branded materials and digital assets. The ideal candidate for this role is equally adept at designing for screen and print. Output will include Deeplocal's brand refresh and website redesign, as well as digital marketing materials (social, email, etc.), merch (tees, hats, posters, stickers, zines, etc.), and in-house special projects.
Your work will support our brand across three business units: (1) Events & Experiences; (2) Permanent Exhibits; and (3) our product Gumband, the first operating system created for interactive experiences and environments.
Ideally, this role is based in Pittsburgh, PA, but we're open to exceptional remote candidates. You’ll report to Deeplocal’s VP of Marketing and collaborate with team members across disciplines. A portfolio of work is required for this position.
- Brand Design Refresh – Demonstrate a strong understanding of Deeplocal’s positioning within our industry; know what our brand would (and wouldn’t) do, and how our brand would (and wouldn’t) act. Use this understanding to define the visual language of Deeplocal’s brand across channels. Create new brand/style guides.
- Website Redesign – Design a new, motion-driven website for Deeplocal, from initial wireframes to final mockups. Design across devices for responsive viewing on desktop, tablet, and mobile. Deliver assets using Figma and work alongside our developer to ensure that design intent is translated.
- Ideation and Content Development – Develop creative, smart marketing ideas to showcase Deeplocal’s culture of invention. Design assets to support these ideas across owned channels.
- Digital Marketing Materials – Develop motion-driven digital assets for web, social, email, presentations, etc.
- Merch and Collateral – Continue Deeplocal’s tradition of designing sought-after merch/swag for clients, team members, and partners.
- Production Logistics – Interface with vendors to communicate specs and ensure delivery of Deeplocal collateral.
- Excellent graphic design and illustration skills with a strong understanding of typography, color, layout, and hierarchy.
- Proven experience designing motion-driven websites and digital assets.
- Ability to express your creative ideas through mockups, mood boards, styleframes, and motion prototypes.
- Mastery of Adobe Creative Suite and a knowledge of emerging interactive design trends.
- Expertise in collaborative digital design software (ideally Figma).
- Proficiency with headless content management systems.
- Proficiency with Google Workspace (G Suite) and email marketing platforms (Mailchimp or similar).
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Creative thinker and problem solver; flexible and adaptable.
- Motivated team player with the ability to initiate and work independently.
- Bonus points for creative coding knowledge.
Deeplocal COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, creative technology company based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 100+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients. Our studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create, and inspire.
Our Core Values
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible work opportunities
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and technology subsidies
- Community service flex time