As a Deeplocal Production Assistant, you'll play an integral role in bringing projects to life that live at the intersection of marketing, technology, tangible interaction, environmental space, and design. You'll leverage project management skills, acute attention to detail, communication skills, and work ethic to deliver world class projects.
For each project, you'll support the creative and production teams, being responsible for a range of tasks—from sourcing external partners and vendors to handling project logistics to managing global shipping to loading shipments onto trucks to traveling on-site for projects.
Candidates should be aware that PAs don't work typical 9-5 hours (at least, not all of the time); during a project, this is a mentally and sometimes physically demanding role that means spurts of long hours to deliver projects on time. The right candidate needs to maintain a positive attitude and collaborative spirit during demanding periods of work.
Additionally, while this position will have flexibility to complete some work remotely during COVID, much of the work needs to take place in our office/fabrication facility (see below for more details about how we're staying safe).
This role is the first step into the production team at Deeplocal and successful candidates will have a path into producer roles.
While tasks may change from day to day, the ideal candidate must possess the skills necessary to be responsible to the company for the accountabilities of this job.
- Books travel - Knows individuals’ preferences for airlines, seats, flying times, etc. Books travel to Deeplocal’s policies. Creates an itinerary for individuals’ travel. Modifies travel itineraries as needed due to emergencies.
- Supports project estimate creation - Researches project hard costs and vendors to provide support to producers in creating project estimates for pitches.
- Manages shipping for projects - Prepares shipments, tracks status of shipments, ships materials in a timely manner as requested by Producers.
- Helps to source materials - Locates local or global resources, places orders, and tracks shipping of materials in a timely manner.
- Sources and grows vendor relationships - Researches, sets up calls with, and listens to vendor capabilities. Maintains a current list of vendors and their capabilities. Checks references. Suggests vendors when needed.
- Sources freelance talent - Researches, sets up calls with, and listens to freelancer capabilities. Maintains a current list of freelancers & their capabilities. Checks references. Is responsible for suggesting freelancers when needed for project.
- General support - Helps with general support as needed for all Deeplocal projects and the office itself. This may include running errands by car, participating in testing, some manual labor, some administrative support, or travel to support live events or installation.
Deeplocal's COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, innovation studio based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 60+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients.
From creating a mind-controlled bike that allowed riders to shift with their thoughts, to building a robotic pitching machine that allowed a child to throw out the first pitch at a baseball game from thousands of miles away, to a single button that dims the lights, orders food, silencers your phone and puts on your favorite show, to a machine that graffitied tweets on the roads of the Tour de France, our projects are wide-ranging and unique.
Deeplocal has been behind some of advertising’s most talked about campaigns: the Netflix Switch, Google Photos Pay With A Photo, Google Fiber Nick’s First Pitch, and the Nike Chalkbot. Deeplocal’s current clients include Google, Nike, and Nest.
Deeplocal’s studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville. All team members at Deeplocal contribute and participate in work for our amazing roster of clients.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania for the past four years and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create and inspire.
Our Core Values
Deeplocal is committed to maintaining the company's core values and culture as the company grows. Employees should exhibit the following Deeplocal core values:
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible working style, including work from home
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time