Senior Brand Strategist (Pittsburgh or Remote)
Deeplocal is seeking a Brand Strategist who’s an incredible wordsmith, creative thinker, and strategic marketer for new client pitches and ongoing work.
You’ll support the Permanent Exhibits team, working with designers, strategists, and creative technologists to develop experiences that meaningfully connect people and brands. You think analytically about the characteristics of modern brands and can adopt the perspective of diverse target audiences to help steward, inform, and connect those brand behaviors to their audiences. You enjoy deep-dive research and keeping abreast on current news, trends, and products; you leverage this knowledge for brand-specific insights, narratives, and creative ideas.
You must be equally adept in marketing strategy and creative writing to excel in this role, ensuring that the concepts are both brand-centric and clearly communicated from pitch through to production.
- Research – Research clients’ brands, objectives, and develop insights to support creative ideation during new pitches and projects
- Trends – Auditing market landscapes and digesting researched materials to inform client positioning.
- User Journey Development – Create engaging user journeys and think about how people move around and engage with an experience.
- Narrative Development – Ability to formulate overarching narratives that position creative ideas, that are on brand and meet the goals of the client and Deeplocal; define what and how to communicate these concepts within our decks
- Copywriting for Various Mediums/Platforms – Write clever copy that's appropriately adapted to different mediums; demonstrate impeccable grammar, succinct writing style, and the ability to match both Deeplocal’s and a client’s tone of voice.
- Branded Design – Works with creatives to understand, define, and formulate branded elements across various scales. Can work with clients to collaboratively define their brand voice across mediums and contexts.
- Creative Execution – Contribute to the output of the team by personally completing deliverables and providing strategic feedback to our internal and external teams. Ensure the quality, copy, goals, and strategy of projects are maintained and that projects are launched with a well-designed strategy and user experience.
- Internal and Client Communication/Presenting – Clearly communicate strategies and recommendations to the internal team and to clients.
- Problem Solving – Sense of ownership over the success of projects; be a relied-upon team member capable of problem solving when challenges arise.
- Experience developing marketing and brand strategies for clients
- Strong grammar skills and obsession with writing clean copy; a persuasive communicator. Equally comfortable writing short- and long-form copy, ranging from clever hooks, headlines, and detailed copy
- Understanding of technology and, ideally, experience working on projects for leading tech clients like Google, Netflix, Microsoft, etc.
- Bonus points for applicants with technical literacy. You understand how technical systems are built and relate to each other such that you can communicate with technical peers (developers, AV systems designers, building operations teams, etc).
- Knowledge of emerging cultural trends and technologies
- Minimum 4 years experience at an agency or brand in a similar role (or as a freelancer)
- Strong organizational skills, time management, and attention to detail is a must
Deeplocal's COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, innovation studio based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 60+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients.
From creating a mind-controlled bike that allowed riders to shift with their thoughts, to building a robotic pitching machine that allowed a child to throw out the first pitch at a baseball game from thousands of miles away, to a single button that dims the lights, orders food, silencers your phone and puts on your favorite show, to a machine that graffitied tweets on the roads of the Tour de France, our projects are wide-ranging and unique.
Deeplocal has been behind some of advertising’s most talked about campaigns: the Netflix Switch, Google Photos Pay With A Photo, Google Fiber Nick’s First Pitch, and the Nike Chalkbot. Deeplocal’s current clients include Google, Nike, and Nest.
Deeplocal’s studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville. All team members at Deeplocal contribute and participate in work for our amazing roster of clients.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania for the past four years and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create and inspire.
Our Core Values
Deeplocal is committed to maintaining the company's core values and culture as the company grows. Employees should exhibit the following Deeplocal core values:
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible working style, including work from home
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time