Creative Director - (Pittsburgh or Remote)
Deeplocal creates inspiring, true-to-brand moments in the real and virtual world. We strategize, imagine and craft ambitious experiences from concept to execution. Our innovative work is driven by inventive new media, data, design and most importantly, humans. As part of WPP since 2017, Deeplocal brings an entirely unique modern and cultural approach to Brands.
Deeplocal is seeking a Creative Director with a passion and vision of the future of experience design to join our fast-growing creative team.
You will be a leader on our Events & Experiences division with a team of designers, strategists, and creatives to craft aesthetic and human-focused design development for physical interactive projects from concept to delivery for premium clients such as Google, Nike, Netflix, Twitter, Slack, and others.
This position may be a fit for you if:
- You live and breathe culture and are excited to experiment and invent with new technologies.
- Exceptional leader of interdisciplinary teams from concept to production while being an individual contributor.
- You can give critical and actionable creative feedback and elaborate on creative concepts to define user touchpoints and campaign extensions.
- You can express your creative ideas through mockups, mood boards, style-frames, and motion prototypes and execute and deliver highly polished, sophisticated campaigns.
- You are comfortable leading pitches and selling through campaigns to clients.
- You are someone who solves creative and business challenges with innovative solutions.
- You are just as comfortable working on a conceptual brief as you are bringing a defined brief to life.
- You are comfortable working under deadlines, and collaborating with cross functional teams, playing a part of a unified team.
- You’re a strategic thinker that seamlessly integrates strategy into campaigns.
What you’ll do:
- Big picture creative that can drive campaigns.
- Champion the ideas in the room.
- Inspire and collaborate with Creative Directors, Designers, Strategists, and Creative Technologists to create and pitch concepts that are inventive, strategic, help define culture and create meaningful experiences for audiences.
- Flawless oversight of multiple creative teams and projects simultaneously
- Captivating speaker, can own a room, clearly articulate complicated concepts, listen to client feedback and redirect as necessary.
- Lead with the team and make key decisions around experience and visual direction throughout the duration of a project.
- Foster emerging and established talent to consistently improve the team.
- Lead concepting discussions with internal teams and clients, thoroughly explain decisions and processes so that clients not only approve them, but understand why they were made and can share them with colleagues to get further internal buy-in.
- Direct the internal teams and define goals for client projects
- Own the project from pitch through production.
- Contribute to the project needs at every stage, including pre-production, production, and on-going engagement.
- Champion best practices to produce best in class experiences across a variety of verticals and projects.
- Work in lock step with the business leadership and strategy to ensure client success.
- Tap into culture and stay up-to-date on emerging trends and technologies.
We’re seeking a Creative Director who obsesses over aesthetically beautiful and meaningful experiences. Someone who can take inspiration and turn it into new realities.
- Exceptional at creating and presenting pitch decks, able to lead creative teams at high win rate.
- Clear understanding of the fabrication and development process.
- Understanding and working knowledge of a 3D software such as C4D, Maya, Blender
- Adobe Suite
- After Effects
- Working knowledge of Unity or Unreal
This position requires 10+ years experience, preferably in a creative agency or similar environment.
Deeplocal's COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Based upon its strong commitment to the health, wellbeing and safety of its employees and their families, its clients, and the communities where it lives and works, Deeplocal has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate and other COVID-19 related protocols, subject to any and all applicable state or local laws. Of course, our policies, procedures, and protocols are subject to change as conditions evolve. If an employment offer is made to you, you will be given a full opportunity to advise us if at that time you believe that you need to be excused from any specific requirements (including a vaccine mandate, if in place at that time) and Deeplocal will interact with you to fully understand, evaluate, and respond to any request for an accommodation, in strict accordance with all applicable laws.
Deeplocal is a quickly growing, internationally-recognized, innovation studio based in Pittsburgh, PA. Deeplocal’s team of 60+ includes experts in marketing, engineering, design, and fabrication who collaborate to develop never-seen-before physical experiences for brand clients.
From creating a mind-controlled bike that allowed riders to shift with their thoughts, to building a robotic pitching machine that allowed a child to throw out the first pitch at a baseball game from thousands of miles away, to a single button that dims the lights, orders food, silencers your phone and puts on your favorite show, to a machine that graffitied tweets on the roads of the Tour de France, our projects are wide-ranging and unique.
Deeplocal has been behind some of advertising’s most talked about campaigns: the Netflix Switch, Google Photos Pay With A Photo, Google Fiber Nick’s First Pitch, and the Nike Chalkbot. Deeplocal’s current clients include Google, Nike, and Nest.
Deeplocal’s studio is located in a renovated brewery loft space in Sharpsburg, PA—just outside of Pittsburgh and within a few minutes of Lawrenceville. All team members at Deeplocal contribute and participate in work for our amazing roster of clients.
Deeplocal has been named one of the Best Places to Work in Western Pennsylvania for the past four years and has received numerous awards in advertising and design. Deeplocal’s work has been featured on Fast Company, Wired, NYTimes, USA Today, the Today Show, Good Morning America, Gizmodo, Engadget, Forbes, and many more.
Invent products and experiences for innovative brands.
To be a place where amazing talent can invent, create and inspire.
Our Core Values
Deeplocal is committed to maintaining the company's core values and culture as the company grows. Employees should exhibit the following Deeplocal core values:
- Competitive and comprehensive health care coverage
- Flexible retirement plan with employer matching
- Paid vacation time and winter break
- Profit sharing
- Flexible working style, including work from home
- Family and pet friendly policies, including best-in-industry parental leave
- Fitness and public transportation subsidies
- Community service flex time